The Declaration of Rotarians in Businesses and Professions was adopted by the Rotary International Council on Legislation in 1989 to provide more specific guidelines for the high ethical standards called for in the object of Rotary:
As a Rotarian engaged in a business or professions, it is expected to:
- Consider the vocation to be another opportunity to serve.
- Be faithful to the letter and to the spirit of the ethical codes of the vocation, to the laws of his/her country, and to the moral standards of his/her community.
- Do all in his/her power to dignify his/her vocation and to promote the highest ethical standards in one’s chosen vocation.
- Be fair to his/her employer, employees, associates, competitions, customers, the public and all those with whom he/she have a business or professional relationship.
- Recognize the honor and respect due to all occupations which are useful to society.
- Offer his/her vocational talents, to provide opportunities for young people, to work for the relief of the special needs of others, and to improve the quality of life in his/her country.
- Adhere to honesty in his/her advertising and in all representations to the public concerning his/her business or profession.
- Neither seek from nor grant to a fellow Rotarian a privilege or advantage not normally accorded others in a business or professional relationship.
“ PLEASE FELLOW ROTARIANS ADHERE TO THESE PRINCIPLES”